Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Green Tree Frogs & Rain

Time started: 03:11
Listening to: "Life in a Glass House" - Radiohead
Weather: Raining
Mood: Restless

I haven't posted anything in a while and since I am now on holidays it's probably about time I should.

I will attempt to keep this short since I'm exhausted and I can't be bothered (but I know once I get started, I can't stop).

The last few weeks of uni was hectic. I was really affected by chronic fatigue syndrome but I overcame it with my stubborn willpower and self-discipline to linger on into the depths of despair during the exam-cramming season. Luckily I've made some awesome friends this year! I was so worried at the beginning of the year that I wasn't going to make any friends at uni. Sometimes I'm too shy for my own good. I think it's funny how I could come across as an extremely timid, quiet, and possibly reclusive person in the first few impressions on me...and then after a couple of encounters...BAM! I just don't shut up :'D. Meh...I have too many polar opposites in my personality, even I can't predict what I'm really like.

Anyhoo...friends! I miss them a lot while being in Darwin. I often talk about them to my Darwinian friends.
I've gotten quite close to some in the past few months and there are also some I also want to get to know better some more. I just want to thank them for being awesome, sharing good times, making me laugh, looking after me and keeping me sane this year! You all know who you are :).

My results came out a couple of weeks ago. I thought I did better but it's not too bad. I can't say that I can't be proud of my efforts for this year.

Speaking of this year...far out, it really flew. Time flies way too quickly. I can't even come to terms of me growing up!

Well I'm back in Darwin. I have been for over three weeks now. It's so good to be home. I've missed the rain and the humidity soooo much! The green tree frogs are keeping me awake. I did miss the sound of their persistent croaking but now I just want to go outside and shoot them =P.

I've been catching up with my high school friends and it's very comforting (and at times not really) to know that they haven't changed at all...they're all still as weird and psychotic as ever! I can feel my IQ drop 100 points (assuming that I have over 100 points but I don't want to get cocky since it's ME I'm talking about) every time I'm around them, haha xD. We've had birthday parties, dinner parties, and Kris Kringle parties just to name a few. After three years of graduating from high school, it's great that we still catch up and find some time to spend with each other. Strong bonds are impossible to break, huh?

I can't also fail to mention it's great to see my parents too :). I've been giving my mother a massage almost every night (because she has back and neck problems) and been going out for lunch/dinner with dad whenever I could. It's nice spoiling my parents ad being spoiled in return :P.

Well other than bumming around, catching up with people, and feeling nostalgic, I've also been practising hard for my next year's program too. I am determined to impress my piano teacher, Lucinda.

Argh! I can never make these journal entries short.
Well, I guess this is enough to brief over my past month. I'm really just posting this because the frogs are keeping me awake, I'm bored, and I feel obliged to post something up about my mundane life =P.

Until next time!

Time finished: 04:36
Listening to: "Girl In The Flames" - Pendulum
Mood: Toothpaste

No comments:

Post a Comment