Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fare thee well, 2008! Salutations, 2009!

Time started: 15:59
Listening to: "Red" - Elbow
Weather: Overcast and balmy
Mood: Content

It has been a good year for me overall.
I completed my first year of Bachelor of Music and made some really good friends along the way.
Of course there were struggles along the way of this year...but there are challenges to face every year, right? Getting through challenges are what makes a year a great one!
The struggles for me this year were jumping straight back into playing the piano after stopping it for four years, struggling to make friends at the beginning of the year due to my timidness and lack of confidence, and having to deal with chronic fatigue syndrome for the majority of the year. Despite all this, I have managed to improve a great deal on the piano in terms of technique and musicality. I have developed a greater appreciate for music and now I'm enjoying it whole-heartedly. I've also made some of the best friends anyone could ever have at the Con...seriously, I have met some of the nicest people ever this year! My grades have been pretty good throughout the year, there's always room for improvement but I am very happy with my academic achievements. I've also gained a lot of energy mentally. I've never been happier in my life and with this great deal of happiness and the slight gain in self-esteem I feel that I can achieve anything if I put my mind to it. I am really looking forward to making next year an even better one than this!

Well...so far I've had quite a backwards day. For breakfast I had lunch, and for lunch I had breakfast.
By this I mean for breakfast I had a salmon salad with pasta, and for lunch I had cereal xD. Don't ask me why...it just turned out this way today. Do I have any plans for the new year's eve night? Just a quiet family & friends gathering. I don't know if I will have a bit of a party with my usual high school friends or not. It depends if I get kidnapped or not...and if my mother allows it xD.

New Year's resolutions? I've got a few:
- Get at least Distinction for all my subjects (I've realised this year just how hard that actually is lol).
- Get back into shape (ie get fit again...being able to run at least 3km...I'm getting there :D)
- Be an even happier person than I already am
- Visit my high school friends in Melbourne and Shan Shan in Sydney at some point during the short holidays.

I have some other bigger, bizaar resolutions but I don't want to dream too big. I figured I'd be happier achieving little achievements before leaping into big ones that are unrealistic at this point in my life as a studying university student.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with my life right now with significant healthy choices I've made for '08. I am confident that 2009 will be the best year yet! It will certainly have a good start as I am set off to visit my relatives in Singapore and Malaysia from mid January! I'M EXCITED!!
I hope you all have a fantastic year too! Hope you all manage to achieve your resolutions and have a happy and healthy new year!

Stay safe, everyone!

Love Min

1 comment:

  1. Heya Fangie. we're all looking forward to having you back at the con for 2009!.

    ReplyDelete